According to an article from Computer Science Education Week, 90% of parents would like for their students to learn computer science, but only one in four schools teach programming. Participating in the Hour of Code is a great way to get your students started with coding! Here are some resources to help you get your students started in coding.
- Hour of Code is Designed to Inspire Kids from 4 to 104
- Four Reasons Why Kids Should Learn to Program
- 5 Reasons to Teach Kids to Code
- How to teach one hour of code
- Activities for your students
- How to get involved and promote your coding efforts
Follow (and contribute to!) the hashtag #HourofCode on Twitter to see the latest coding news this week and in the future. Remember, your Instructional Technology team is always here to help you with resources, suggestions, classroom help, and any other encouragement you might need to experiment with coding or other technology ideas. You can do it - and so can your students!