First and foremost, this tools is FREE to use if you have 20 items or less to auction off! If you do have more items, the cost is $30 for up to 100 items. This is completely doable in most circumstances, but you do have the option of getting together with your teacher buddies and each creating an account to keep this a free endeavor.
Set up is very easy and just moderately time consuming on the front end. You will end up saving an enormous amount of time during maintenance and closing the auction due to the autonomous nature of this program. Features included with every auction (excerpt from 32 Auction website):
- List up to 20 items in your auction ($ to increase # of items).
- Display 1 image per item ($ for additional images).
- Set a custom auction link for easy access and sharing with participants, posting on social media sites, or linking from websites.
- Support for exact bids, proxy bids, and Buy Now purchases.
- Instant outbid and watch notifications keep participants engaged in the items they care about. Participants love that the notifications contain a link to the item, allowing them to quickly enter a bid and take back the lead. Bidding wars!
- Prevent auction sniping by enabling extended bidding.
- Display a fundraising goal meter on the main auction page to help drive bidding and exceed your goal.
- Flexible privacy settings allow you to open the auction up to anyone, limit access by email domain, or approve each participant individually. Running an auction at your school? Restrict the participants to only those who have a school email address (e.g. @pisd.edu).
- View all auction items, current selling prices, and leading bidder information on the consolidated sales summary view, making real-time bid tracking a breeze!
- There are many more features available, including custom item categories, a handy bidding amount calculator, featured items, multiple currencies, and copying items between auctions. There are simply too many to list!
If you want to give this a try, we are more than happy to help you get started. Feel free to contact your instructional technology team.